January 14th and 15th, 2016
Two days + Ongoing mentoring
qLabs 16 West 22nd Street Floor 6
Ready to learn about WordPress? First 3 Tickets get 20% off.
Ready to reboot your career? Request a consultation.
One month part-time coding bootcamp with ongoing mentorship for only $1500.
About the Instructor
Nate is very user friendly. By that I mean open to questions at all times. He also asks what you would like out of the class which helps ensure that all or most needs are met. Very personable. I highly recommend this class to anyone who needs to create a blog or web site.
G. B. Smith
Nate has really great analogies that make it much easier to understand how everything works and works together. I whole heartedly recommend taking this class.Michelle F.
I really enjoyed this class. It was very quaint and allowed for great conversation amongst the attendees as well as the instructor (Nate). In addition, Nate was very informative. He provided a wealth of information regarding the subject, tools etc. I wish the class was longer. Looking forward to attending another one of Nate’s classes soon. Thank you!Christina M.
Nate was so personable and such a great resource! I look forward to taking more classes with Nate!Deborah C.
Nate Cooper, WordPress Expert
Nate Cooper is a writer and consultant in New York City. After working in marketing at Apple Inc, Nate has established himself within the New York tech and entrepreneurial community writing on the subject of business strategy. Nate is “deeply embedded in the New York tech scene, giving practical and insightful advice..” Forbes 2012. His writing has appeared in Mashable and his book Build Your Own Website: A Comic Guide to HTML, CSS and WordPress has been a bestseller in Programming: CSS books on Amazon.com.
Build your first WordPress site (or second or third)
What will I Learn?
WordPress powers hundreds of thousands of websites. It is incredibly powerful and flexible for building websites big and small. Whether you need a blog, ecommerce, or membership site, WordPress will allow you to do that without any coding required. Because of the open source nature of WordPress, you’ll be able to find themes and plugins to fit any project.
In this two-day intensive bootcamp, learn everything you’ll need to know. This class is limited to a small group to ensure you can get focused attention and taught in a warm, welcoming, question-friendly environment. What can WordPress do? What can’t it do? Is it right for your project? We’ll build a simple WordPress site; learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and PHP; and learn how to customize your WordPress site with plugins and themes.
In this class:
- What you need to set up a WordPress site
- HTML, CSS basics
- Basics of PHP for WordPress theming
- How to choose themes and plugins to customize your site
- A copy of Nate’s book Build Your own Website
What to bring:
- Bring your laptop (Mac preferred).
- You should have a code editor (we will discuss this during the class so if you need help we can do this during class time)
- MAMP (free version) is also recommended. If you’re not sure how to install these apps, there will be time in class to do so.
What’s next? After this class you will:
- Have a solid grasp of whether WordPress will be suitable for your project.
- Have built a basic WordPress site.
- Understand how to build a basic webpage using HTML, CSS
- Know how to build a custom WordPress theme from scratch.
- Be comfortable managing and updating a WordPress site for your business or in your job.
- Know resources for continued learning with WordPress and where to go next.
- Have access to a private Slack channel for ongoing questions.
Building a WordPress site doesn't need to be difficult
About the Community
qLabs is Quotidian ventures’ collaborative workspace for startups looking for a place to build up, grow out, and make an impact.
Reboot is a coeducation and skillsharing community where nyc tech insiders help others to level up. We bring the best of hackathons, coding bootcamps, and coworking to new learning experiences which open you to challenge, incite growth, and level up your skills while asserting space for play.
Interested in more classes and events?